Not only was visual art important to the movement but performance art as well. Often the more outrageous the better. This included “political funerals” where protestors carried dead comrades in caskets through the streets. The man in this video, Ray Navarro, died in 1990.
- 1 - In Depth Look At AIDS in the 1980s
- 2 - 5 Steps to making your own political/activist art
- 3 - AIDS and COVID
- 4 - AIDS Activists: ACT-UP
- 5 - What is Activist Art?
- 6 - Art drives a movement
- 7 - Power of the Poster
- 8 - Read My Lips: The story behind the iconic poster
- 9 - Performance Art
- 10 - Finding Inspiration…steal it
- 11 - Art in response to AIDS
- 12 - COVID Art Museum On Instagram